I haven't really focused on the statistical capabilities of AI, that
marriage of massive memory and associative learning. I am impressed by
its ability to perform text-to-image conversion, something I have
recently needed. My artistic ability is that of the average three year
old, yet I can employ AI to translate my mental images into realistic
pictures. Perhaps we really are learning about how we think. As far as
I am aware, it just does what we tell it to do. Like other tools, it
is as good or bad as the user.

Jim