Hi all,

I divide the graphical device into 4 ---mfrow=c(2,2)--- to plot 3 boxplots
graph.
Thus I get an empty space for the fourth graph. I d'like to place a legend
in this space.

legend(xxxx) creates a legend in the last graph (the 3rd) I'd like a legend
in the empty space.

How may I do it?

#graph parameter
par( fin=c(6,6),   #dim graph
 mai=c(1,1,0.5,0.5) #marges graph
 ,mfrow=c(2,2)
 )
#boxplots
boxplot(xxxxx)
title(main=expression("1- residuals distribution"))
abline(0,0,lwd=2,col=2)
boxplot(xxxxx)
title(main=expression("2- residuals distribution"))
abline(0,0,lwd=2,col=2)
boxplot(xxxxx)
title(main=expression("3- residuals distribution"))
abline(0,0,lwd=2,col=2)

Regards/Cordialement

Benoit Boulinguiez
Ph.D
Ecole de Chimie de Rennes (ENSCR) Bureau 1.20
Equipe CIP UMR CNRS 6226 "Sciences Chimiques de Rennes"
Campus de Beaulieu, 263 Avenue du Général Leclerc
35700 Rennes, France
Tel 33 (0)2 23 23 80 83
Fax 33 (0)2 23 23 81 20
http://www.ensc-rennes.fr/