Dear all,
Through the following code, I wanted to perform correlation test repetedly
(through loop) on different combinations of variables of a data set.

Code:

x=read.table("sample.txt",header=T,sep="\t")
out="corout.txt"
sink(out)
nm = names(x)
print(nm)
nvr=3
# nvr=Total no. of variables in the input data file
for (i in 1:(nvr-1))
{
for(j in (i+1):nvr)
{
frm= as.formula(paste(nm[i+1],",",nm[j+1],sep=""))            ($$)
crl=cor.test(frm,alternative="two.sided",method="pearson")
smr=summary(crl)
print(smr)
}
}
sink()

Sample Data:

S No    V1      V2      V3
1       15      10      4
2       6       4       7
3       10      5       2
4       8       6       6

But the code does not work; there seems to be some problem in the statement
marked ($$) above. The message I get is:

Error in parse(text = x) : unexpected ',' in "V1,"

Kindly help to get rid of the bug

Regards

ajss

      Unlimited freedom, unlimited storage. Get it now, on
http://help.yahoo.com/l/in/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/tools/tools-08.html/