On 1/30/2009 7:19 AM, Marie Sivertsen wrote:
I see 'The R Inferno' being refered quiet often recently.  But it was now
pointed by Duncan Murdoch that for example the statement concerning
variables in a for loop is not correct in there (page 62).  As I can not
find any information about the book been reviewed by anyone I have a
question:  is it reliable resource for learning about R?  What is the
authority of Patrick Burns?  I would like to avoid spending much time on
learning from 'The R Inferno' to only later discover that it was wrong.

That's the first error I've seen in it. In my opinion, it's a very useful reference.

Duncan Murdoch

Mvh.
Marie