From: Jason Rupert <jasonkrup...@yahoo.com>
Subject: [R] Target Plot?
To: r-help@r-project.org
Date: Tuesday, February 3, 2009, 7:00 PM

I've done a little snooping around the R Gallery Site
(http://addictedtor.free.fr/graphiques/) and the "Statistics with R"
site (http://zoonek2.free.fr/UNIX/48_R/all.html), but I can't seem to find
what I'm looking for.

Here is the type of plot I would like to draw:
(1) 2-D three axis plot where each axis is separated by 120-degrees (would be
great if the number of axis was configurable)
(2) Would like the value at the origin of the axis to be configurable, and then
have each axis to be increasing equally out from the origin, e.g. have the
origin have a value of 0.5 and each axis increase from there
(3) Would then like to be able to lay concentrically increasing circles over
the axis so that they intersect each axis
(4) Data values would only lye on the axis.

I would like to put together this plot to show how far each variable is from
the target variable, so I'm thinking this would be a target plot where the
value of the target would be configurable.  (I guess normalization would have
similar result, but I would like to show the actual values.)

I guess the result would look kind of like a dart board or something similar.

Thank you for any insights that can be provided, especially if something like
this already exist.