From: Kingsford Jones <kingsfordjo...@gmail.com>
To: Michelle Greve <michelle_gr...@yahoo.com>
Cc: R-help@r-project.org
Sent: Sunday, February 22, 2009 7:32:58 PM
Subject: Re: [R] Extracting xy from raster based on raster value

Hi Michelle,

The r-sig-geo list would be the ideal place for this question since
the authors of 'raster' would be likely to see it.

I haven't used the raster package before, but this seems to work:

#install.packages("raster", repos="http://R-Forge.R-project.org";)
r <- raster()
r <- setValues(r, sample(1:27, ncell(r), replace=1))
plot(r)
plot(r)

If you'd rather have the non-1 cells be NA, just replace 'r[]==1' with
'ifelse(r[]==1, 1, NA)'

hth,

Kingsford Jones