Alex Roy wrote:
Dear Frank,
Thanks for your comments. But in my situation, I do not have any future data and I want to calculate Mean Square Error for prediction on future data. So, is it not it a good idea to go for LOO? thanks Alex

With resampling you should be able to estimate any parameter including sigma. The Design package's validate.ols function can estimate sigma using the bootstrap or c-v, penalizing for backward stepdown variable selection, although I have found some counter-intuitive estimates of sigma using Efron's optimism bootstrap.

Frank