Sorry - I didn't express myself very clearly. Yes, we're looking for
common factors of A and B. One way to get there is by my initial
approach: find the prime factors of each, select those that are in
common, and then take pairwise products. My initial question was about
the last step only. But your approach to the whole problem sidesteps
that. It's more elegant, as well as faster, than the way I thought of
the problem.

Gordon

--
Dr. Gordon A. Fox       Voice: (813)974-7352       Fax: (813)974-3263
Dept. of Integrative Biology ((for US mail:)SCA 110) ((for FedEx etc:)NES 107)

"Trying is the first step towards failure." -- Homer Simpson