        From: Chrysanthi A. [mailto:chrys...@gmail.com]
        Sent: Friday, April 10, 2009 10:44 AM
        To: Liaw, Andy
        Cc: r-help@r-project.org
        Subject: Re: [R] help with random forest package

        Hi,

        To be honest, I cannot really understand what is the meaning of
the votes.. For example having five samples and two classes what the
numbers below means?
              healthy  unhealthy
        1  0.85714286 0.14285714
        2  0.92857143 0.07142857
        3  0.90000000 0.10000000
        4  0.92857143 0.07142857
        5  0.84615385 0.15384615

        Suppose now, having the classification, I have an unknown sample
and according to the results that Ive got, how can I predict in which
class it belongs to? Do the votes give that prediction to us?

        Also,  the error is reported on the "OOB estimate of  error
rate", right? For example, if we have OOB estimate of  error rate:2.34%,
we can say that the prediction accuracy is approx. 97.7%? How can we
estimate the prediction accuracy?

        Thanks a lot,

        Chrysanthi.