On Apr 13, 2009, at 7:26 AM, Nick Angelou wrote:

Thanks a lot, guys. Gabor's and Mike's suggestion worked. Duncan's did not do
exactly what I expected (I guess it's the "paste" in Mike's that makes
"table" work as I needed it).

One more question - is there a convenient way to order the group by results
as follows:

As rows: the unique combinations of factors f1, f2, f3, as columns the
unique values of f4. The counts are basically the same as of the GROUP BY statement (or the paste and table combination suggested by Mike). Only the
way the result is structured is different.

Tables are actually specific instances of matrices, so if you want to transpose the default arrangement of columns and rows in a table named tab1, try:

?t
t(tab1)

David Winsemius, MD
Heritage Laboratories