Thanks Tirthankar, that did the trick.
Here's the solution to my problem using the "bivpois" package:

rm(list = ls())
library(bivpois)

y1 = c(1,2,3,4,4,3)
y2 = c(0,2,0,2,3,5)
x1 = c(2,3,4,8,1,3)
x2 = c(3,5,6,7,8,9)
d = data.frame(cbind(y1, y2, x))

eq1 = y1 ~ x1 + x2
eq2 = y2 ~ x1 + x2

out = lm.pb(eq1, eq2, data = d, zeroL3 = TRUE)
print(out)

I couldn't find out how to get standard errors and p-values from the
package, so I bootstrapped them.

~Owen