On Apr 24, 2009, at 5:22 PM, joy_stat wrote:

Hi,

Can one tell me which procedure will fit an ordinal logistic regression
model for longitudinal data set.

  To be precise, I have both dichotomous and polytomous items. Also, I
would like to specify different covariance structures (unstructured, ar1
etc) for trial runs.

That may seem precise to you .... Perhaps you will find useful material in chapter 11 of Agresti's Categorical Data Analysis:
http://www.amazon.com/Categorical-Analysis-Wiley-Probability-Statistics/dp/0471360937
http://www.stat.ufl.edu/~aa/cda/cda.html

... and the R/S accompaniment by Thomson:
https://home.comcast.net/~lthompson221/Splusdiscrete2.pdf

She offers worked examples using functions from package geepack.

--

David Winsemius, MD
Heritage Laboratories