Dear all,

I am trying to install a package called "GFCURE" from a local zip file. This
package fits a cure survival model and  has been downloaded from:

http://post.queensu.ca/~pengp/software.html

The problem is that when I try to install this package from a local zip file
using R,  I've got the following error message:

Error in gzfile(file, "r") : cannot open the connection
In addition: Warning message:
In gzfile(file, "r") : cannot open compressed file 'gfcureWinR/DESCRIPTION',
probable reason 'No such file or directory'

First, I thought it was an internal problem.  I then asked  some of my
colleagues to do the same thing and they  had the same error message.

I would be very grateful if you can help me on that matter.

All the best

Marc