What is the recommended class for time of day (independent of calendar
date)?

And what is the recommended way to get the time of day from a POSIXct
object? (Not a string representation, but a computable representation.)

I have looked in the man page for DateTimeClasses, in the Time Series
Analysis Task View and in Spector's Data Manipulation book but haven't found
these. Clearly I can create my own Time class and hack around with the
internal representation of POSIXct, e.g.

    days <- unclass(d)/(24*3600)
    days-floor(days)

and write print.Time, `-.Time`, etc. etc. but I expect there is already a
standard class or CRAN package.

           -s