Hello everyone,

I have a couple of fairly simple questions (I hope) the answers to which I
cannot find through the documentation at the moment.

 1.  I would like to delete the a row from a matrix if a certain elimination
criterion is met. I am familiar with x <- x[-7,] (to remove row 7, for
example). Are there any other means of removing an entire row?
 2.  Is there a single command that will rename the index of each row to match
the row number once a row has been deleted. For example, when row 7 is deleted
above, the old row 8 is now row 7, but the row name is still "8". I have
figured out how to assign a sequence vector to the row names, but I am
wondering if there is a built-in command that does the same thing. (I.e.,
change the name of row 7 to "7" from "8".)

Thank you very much.

Payam
--
Payam Minoofar, Ph.D.