Hi,

I am trying to specify a multinomial logit model using the multinom function
from the nnet package. Now I add another independent variable and it halves the
AIC as given by summary(multinom()). But when I call Anova(multinom()) from the
car package, it tells me that this added variable is insignificant
(Pr(>Chisq)=0.39). Thus, the improved AIC suggests to keep the variable but the
Anova suggests to drop it.

I am sure this is due to my lack of understanding of these models but could
someone help me out with a pointer what my mistake is?

Thanks so much,
  Werner