Hi,

I'm trying to fit a binary logistic regression model, and would like to
consider certain characteristics B and C only for people with variable A=1 and
not for those with variable A=0, so I'm trying to do the following:

model<- lrm(formula= y ~  A: (B+C) + D + E +...)

I've had no problem with adding interaction terms using " * ", but every time I
try to use " : ", as in my example, I get an error message like:

Error in if (!length(fname) || !any(fname == zname)) { :

            Missing value where TRUE/FALSE needed

I would really appreciate any advice on how to solve this, I don't know what in
the notation should be different for different operators.

Thanks in advance, kind regards,

Alejandra SolĂ­s