I deal with a huge amount of Biology data stored in different databases.
The databases belongig to Bioconductor organization can be accessed through
Bioconductor packages.
Unluckily some useful data is stored in databases like, for instance, miRDB,
miRecords, etc ... which offer just an
interactive HTML interface. See for instance
 http://mirdb.org/cgi-bin/search.cgi,

http://mirecords.umn.edu/miRecords/interactions.php?species=Homo+sapiens&mirna_acc=Any&targetgene_type=refseq_acc&targetgene_info=&v=yes&search_int=Search

Downloading data manually from the web pages is a painstaking time-consumung
and error-prone activity.
I came across a Python script that downloads (dumps) whole web pages  into a
text file that is then parsed.
This is possible because Python has a library to access web pages.
But I have no experience with Python programming nor I like such a programming
language whose syntax is indentation-sensitive.

I am *hoping* that there exists some sort of web pages, HTML connection  from R
... is there ??

Thank you very much for any suggestion.
Maura

tutti i telefonini TIM!