On Jul 14, 2009, at 2:02 PM, Idgarad wrote:

I imported a spreadsheet into a variable sh

e.g. sh$aaaa, sh$bbbb, etc...

doing the following:

tsSource <- ts(paste("sh$",NAMEVARIABLE,sep="") ... )

From prior experience, my guess is that you want collapse= rather than sep=

fails. The paste isn't evaluating properly. What is the proper way to
concatenate a data source with a member name such that they evaluate
properly.

actual code below:
doEnv <- function(SOURCEDATA,REGDATA,HOUR,ENVNAME,REPORTNAME) {
print(SOURCEDATA)
print(REGDATA)
print(HOUR)
print(ENVNAME)
print(REPORTNAME)
# blah blah blah ...

#Raw Data
channel1 <- odbcConnectExcel("Q:/metrics.xls")
sqlTables(channel1)
sh1 <- sqlFetch(channel1, "Actuals$")
close(channel1)

# Something here is borked like the Chef himself....
tsSource<-ts(paste("sh1$",ENVNAME,sep=""),start=c(2004,1),freq=52)
print(tsSource)
plot(tsSource,col="grey",type="n")
return("AUTOBOT") # I use AUTOBOT or DECEPTICON for generic pass fail return
values. Yes I am a geek...
}

David Winsemius, MD
Heritage Laboratories