Hello everybody :-)

I have some data that I want to model with a logistic regression, most of the independent variables are numeric and the only dependent is categorical, I was thinking that I could apply a logistic regression using glm but I wanted to deepen my knowledge of this so I tried to do some reading and found the "iris" dataset, now I would like to ask two things, first if you know of any bibliography to read more about the logistic regression and R so I could understand and interpret better the output, and second, what could I do when I have some independent variables that are not only numerical but categorical too, i.e. mixed (categorical and numerical), can I still use a logistic regression?

Thank you very much!!! :-D

believed to be clean.