Maybe I expect too much from a non compiled language.
Anyway, I wonder whether it is possible in R to set constant values without
using any memory location that would take useless space
bacause such values are not going to be changed along the program. It's just a
way to assign a mnemnic name tos some constant values.
For instance, I would like R interpreter to replace all occurrences of mnemonic
"Monday" with the number 1, "Tuesday"  with the number 2, "Wednesday  with the
number 3, and so on ...  without having to assign such values to memory
locations.
Maybe environment variables are the way to go ?

Thank you in advance for your advice,
Maura

tutti i telefonini TIM!