Hi,

This concerns lrm in the Design package, which I need for the clustered errors option with panel data.

I have created a variable (using sign()) that has values -1, 0, and 1 (and some NAs). call this variable x3. lrm does not like

t = lrm(y ~ x1 + x2 + I(x3==-1) + I(x3==1), data=data,x=T,y=T)

I get the error message: Error in if (!length(fname) || !any(fname == zname)) { :
 missing value where TRUE/FALSE needed

Running this on the subset of data with non missing x3 values doesn't help.

glm has no problem with this.

Thanks very much,

Jim Fearon