On Thu, Sep 3, 2009 at 5:50 AM, Peter Meilstrup
<peter.meilst...@gmail.com>wrote:

> I'm trying to massage some data from Matlab into R. The matlab file has a
> "struct array" which when imported into R using the R.matlab package,
>  becomes an R list with 3+ dimensions, the first of which corresponds to the
> structure fields, with corresponding row names, and the second and third+
> dimensions correspond to the dimensions of the original struct array (as
> matlab arrays always have 2+ dimensions). For example a 1x1 matlab struct
> array with three fields becomes:
>
> > data
> , , 1
>
>          [,1]
> trials    List,1002
> beforeRun List,8
> afterRun  List,8

This doesn't look like a list at all -- rather, it seems like a
3-dimensional array which has lists as its elements.

But it seems that the last dimension of your array is not actually used, so
can't you do just cbind(data1[,,1], data2[,,1]) ? Or if you really need that
empty dimension, use something like    array(cbind(data1,data2),
dim=c(3,2,1), dimnames=rownames(data1[,,1]))

(tried it with abind I just downloaded, and it says this: "Error in abind(x,
x2, along = 3, force.array = FALSE) :
  can only supply one list-valued argument for ...". Maybe it's a recent
change)

KK