On Sep 12, 2009, at 5:24 AM, zhu yao wrote:

After upgrading R to 2.9.2, I can't use the anova() fuction.
It says "could not find function "Varcov" ".
What's wrong with my computer? Help needed, thanks!

You have not given us very much information but from the naming conventions I would guess that you need to reinstall the Design/Hmisc combination of packages after having updated your R from an an earlier version of R that was different in the "second digit". The libraries for the 2.9 series of R versions is stored in a different directory than the 2.8 or 2.7 versions. There is a simple command to the update.packages function that will reinstall updated versions of the packages you had previously installed. My practice, unnecessarily incremental, has been to reinstall each of the packages from scratch.

The automatic method would be:

update.packages()  # which will ask you to confirm eachnpackage

# or

update.packages(ask=FALSE) # which will not ask

--

David Winsemius, MD
Heritage Laboratories