Thanks for the answer. Now, only problem is to to get parameter(s) of a given function. For gamma, I shall try with gammafit() from mhsmm package. Also, I shall look for others appropriate parameter estimates. Will use SuppDists too.

Best,
PM

Sunil Suchindran wrote:
#same shape

some_data <- rgamma(500,shape=6,scale=2)
test_data <- rgamma(500,shape=6,scale=2)
plot(sort(some_data),sort(test_data))
# You can also use qqplot(some_data,test_data)
abline(0,1)

# different shape

some_data <- rgamma(500,shape=6,scale=2)
test_data <- rgamma(500,shape=4,scale=2)
plot(sort(some_data),sort(test_data))
abline(0,1)

It is helpful to assess the sampling variability, by
creating repeated sets of test_data, and plotting
all of these along with your observations to create
a confidence "envelope".

The SuppDists provides Inverse Gauss.