Dear Sir,

I am using the following cos which creates a 3 panel figure on one image.
However the legend function i am using only allows the legend to be placed
within the axes of one of the graphs.

The plots however do not allow for a logend to be places within the axes do to
the location of points on the graph.  I can add the legend later using imaging
software such as paint but i lose resolution by doing this.

Is it possible to place the legend out side of figure axes on the white area
around all three panels?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Grant

single<-read.table("C:\\Grant\\hatchfirstonly.txt",header=T)
attach(single)
names(single)
par(mfrow=c(1,3))
maleage<- factor(maleage, labels = c("Old","Young"))
colors <- c('gray', "navyblue")
shapes <- c(17,19)
proportion<-(eggs1-unhatch1)/eggs1
plot(proportion~maleage, xlab= "Age of Male ", ylab = "Proportion of Eggs
Hatched")
plot(proportion~femweight, pch=shapes[maleage], col=colors[maleage],bg="gray",
xlab= "Female Weight (grams) ", ylab = " Proportion of Eggs Hatched")
abline(lm(proportion~femweight))
plot(proportion~copdurationsecs, pch=shapes[maleage],
col=colors[maleage],bg="gray", xlab= "Copulation Duration (minutes) ", ylab = "
Proportion of Eggs Hatched")
abline(lm(proportion~copdurationsecs))
legend(locator(1), as.character(levels(factor(maleage))),pch=shapes[maleage],
col=colors[maleage])(levels(factor(maleage)))