Hello All!

I am trying to plot the frequency of species coocurrance.
If given a data set similar like this...(V1="species A", V2="species B",
V3="frequency of cooccurance")

> data
  V1 V2 V3
1  A  B  0
2  A  C  2
3  A  D  5
4  B  C  0
5  B  D  1
6  C  D  0
> data1<-as.data.frame(lapply(data,function(x)(rep(x,data$V3))))
> as.data.frame(data1[-1])
> fdata<-ftable(as.data.frame(data1[-3]))
> fdata
   V2 B C D
V1
A     0 2 5
B     0 0 1
C     0 0 0

Question 1:  How can I create a matrix or (contingency) table that would
include "A, B, C and D" in columns and "A, B, C, and D" in the rows (through
R, not manually adjusting the original data text file).
- When I "lapply(data,function(x)(rep(x,data$V3)))", the rows with V3=0 are
dropped.

Question 2: How would I graph the frequency of the counts (V3) (would look
most likely follow the poisson distribution).
I've used plot(table(data$V3)) to get the correct graph, but is there a way
to graph the frequency from a contingency table (question 1) to elicit the
same graph?

Thanks in advance for your help...

Best,
Lanna