When plotting a lars object, I cannot find a way to plot solid lines.
Even when the arguments breaks=F and lty="solid" are used, the vertical
lines at the break points do not plot but asterisks indicating the
breaks still plot as part of each path leaving solid lines broken up by
asterisks at the break points.  I'm using the following code.

larsfit <- lars(X,y,type="lasso")

larsfit

plot(larsfit,breaks=F,lty="solid")

Any suggestions in removing the asterisks and plotting truly solid
lines?

Thanks

Russell Ivory

AVP Senior Modeling Manager

Merrick Bank

10705 South Jordan Gateway

South Jordan, UT 84095

801 545-6640 office

801 545-6340 fax

****************************************************************************This
 e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you
are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the
e-mail to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this e-mail
in error, and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of
this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you received this e-mail in error,
please return the e-mail to the sender at Merrick Bank and delete it from your
computer. Although Merrick Bank attempts to sweep e-mail and attachments for
viruses, it does not guarantee that either are virus-free and accepts no
liability for any damage sustained as a result of viruses.