Hi Brett,

have you tried the function "errbar", within the library "Hmisc"?
It works pretty well for barplots. You have to specify the coordinates where
error bars start ("x" and "y"), end then the ending points they end
("yminus=y-error" and "yplus=y+error").

The plotting function "barplot2" within the library "gplots" allows you also
to add error bars intrinsecally.

Hope it helps!

Jose