Hi, all.

I searched a lot at mailing list, installed EBImage and gtk packages, but I
couldn't make this simple work:

How
to add a image file (jpg or bmp ou gif) to an existing plot window (not
plot over the image), like the code below (pseudo function add.image):

plot(1:10,1:10,main="test")

image = read.X("myimage.jpg")

add.image(image, x.left=2, y.bottom=4, size="40%") #points the left-bottom
corner and the reative size of image

abline(x=3, col=2, lwd=2) #continues editing the plot window.

text(2,3,labels="example of graphics and image")

Is it possible?

Thanks,

Cezar Freitas