I fear nobody can really help you as we can not really understandd what your problem is. What does the error message read? What values does start.posix have? And what skiers?

You should include the code for a reproducable example. include at least 2 values for skiers[,3] in their correct format and class, so we can run the code ourselves and check what is going on.

Then we can (hopefully) help you.

uvilla schrieb:
Hi again.
I´m sorry to ask again but I cannot do the boxplot coprrectly.

I'm typing:

start.posix=as.POSIXct(skiers[,3])
boxplot(start.posix)

where skiers[,3] is my time data,
and I get this error

I have no idea of what that means.. All the other steps are ready, like the
median of the time data, but Im really stock trying to do the boxplot with
the time data on the y axis to interprete the median
Thanks again

Jannis v. Buttlar wrote:

uvilla schrieb:
When I use strptime() I just get NA NA NA
I`m new at using R, must finisth this work thoug

I guess Im doing totally wrong, actually everytime i try to use "POSIXct"
it
doesn`t work

If you have a look at help(strptime) you find that you have to specify the format in which you time is written.

Try

strptime("08:10:10","%H:%M:%S")

The stuff after the comma in the "" is the way to give strptime the
format.

Now you only have use

strptime(vectorwithyourtime,"%H:%M:%S")

and you should get a vector with R format times out of it. It uses todays date though but for your calculations this should work. This POSIXct format is not very handy to use though, so you perhaps better consider using library(chron) as Gabor suggested.

Thanks a lot

Jannis wrote:
Hi,

try to convert this to the R time format "POSIXct" or "POSIXlt" via strptime(). Then you can simply substract them. I am not sure whether a median can be calculated though (should be possible as POSIXct stores the value as seconds since 1970....)

Best
Jannis

uvilla schrieb:
Hi everybody

How do I do to calculate the median and average of a colum of time data
like
this: "8:50:10". I also need to plot the time difference between two
colums
Thanks a lot

:-((:-((