Hi,

Look at the sort_df function from the reshape package.

cheers,
Paul

Madhavi Bhave wrote:
Dear R heleprs
Suppose I have following data

Scenarios
combination_names
    series1
   series2

Sc1
MAT2 GAU1
7.26554
8.409778

Sc2
MAT2 GAU2
7.438128
8.130275

Sc3
MAT3 GAU1
8.058422
8.06457

Sc4
MAT1 GAU2
8.179855
8.022071

Sc5
MAT3 GAU2
8.184033
8.191831

Sc6
MAT3 GAU2
7.50312
8.232425

Sc7
MAT1 GAU2
7.603291
8.200993

Sc8
MAT1 GAU1
8.221755
8.380097

Sc9
MAT3 GAU2
7.904908
8.088824

Sc10
MAT1 GAU3
7.67034
8.46376
I wish to sort thise data frame based on combination_names. Actually this is just an indicative data. I am deling with the data haveing 5000+ records. I just need to find out how to sort this data s.t, I will get say following result

Scenarios
combination_names
    series1
   series2

Sc8
           MAT1 GAU1
8.221755
8.380097

Sc4
           MAT1 GAU2
8.179855
8.022071

Sc7
           MAT1 GAU2
7.603291
8.200993
Sc10 MAT1 GAU3 7.67034 8.46376

........ and so I tried to understand the examples given in ?base::order but couldn't cracke it. Please guide Madhavi

The INTERNET now has a personality. YOURS! See your Yahoo! Homepage. [[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Drs. Paul Hiemstra
Department of Physical Geography
Faculty of Geosciences
University of Utrecht