Hello everybody,
I would need some help from you.
I am trying to fit a logistic model to some presence absence data of
animals living on river islands. I have got 12 predictor variables and I am
trying to use a stepwise forward method to fit the best logistic model to
my data. I am using the function STEP (stats).
I have a question for you. Can I use step function if my variables have a
binomial distribution?
Reading the explanations of the function, I have understood that step is
more suitable for dealing with gaussian distributed variables.
Is that right?

I apologize in advance for this question, but I am just at the beginning of
my long path to handle and know statistics and R.

regards
Francesca