Julia Tchernova wrote:
Hello!
I have a dataset with the dates and positions -  Lat and Long columns
How do I make a scatter  plot?
Do I have to cbind to combine the Lat and Long columns?
Any suggestions will be much appreciated!
Thank you
Julia

If you cast your data into the spatial classes for R provided by the sp-pacakge, you can easily make nice plots. After installing sp from CRAN:

library(sp)
data(meuse)
meuse
summary(meuse)
coordinates(meuse) = ~x+y
?coordinates

spplot(meuse, "zinc")

The r-sig-geo mailing list is more suitable for this kind of question.

cheers,
Paul

--
Drs. Paul Hiemstra