Hi

Jim Lemon wrote:
On 02/02/2010 11:01 PM, walter.dju...@chello.at wrote:
Hello R-experts,

I am having difficulties with 3D plotting (i.e. the evolution of
various forward curves through time).

I have two comma seperated files both ordered by date (in the first
column) one containing contracts (meaning forward delivery months
from YEAR_&  Letter "F" ... January through letter "Z" ...
December) and the other holding the closing price of the respective
contract on the day also defined in the first column (see
attachments).

What I would like to do is plot a three dimensional figure with
trade day (date) on the X-axis, contract on the Y-axis and the
price of the forward contract being the z-value. I am quite a
newbie and did not manage to merge these two files in a logic way,
so that R could do a 3D plot.

Has anyone tried to program Hans Rosling's time evolution graphs in
R?

Take a look at http://www.omegahat.org/SVGAnnotation/JSSPaper.html#fig:gapMSS

Paul

Jim