Dear r-useRs,

After a couple of years in a 'R exile' of sorts, I've recently changed jobs
and my current employer (an American multinational in the food manufacturing
industry) is much more open than my past employer (which wouldn't even want
to hear about anything that didn't begin with SAS...). So, after my
insistence corporate IT is now considering adopting R as part of our
statistical applications toolbox.

Things are not that simple though, and I'm now in the process of collecting
data for writing a Business Case for R in our corporation, and this is the
reason I'm writing you. If you have any examples (preferably with
references) and/or experience in a similar scenario please do write me. I've
already googled for some materials, and there's an excellent piece on the
NyTimes of last year, which pointed that even Google was adopting R, and
this is exactly the sort of thing I need to help convincing IT they'll be
making a sound choice in adopting R.

Thanks in advance for your attention,

Fernando Rosa

--
"Though this be randomness, yet there is structure in't."
                                          Rosa, F.H.F.P

Instituto de Matemática e Estatística
Universidade de São Paulo
Fernando Henrique Ferraz P. da Rosa