Hi guys,

Correct me if I am wrong, but R(D)COM (and hence RServe and so on) allow you
to run R code from C# but is useless to use C(# or ++) code in R right?

Because it is in fact what I am trying to find out in this post.

Thanks for the tips though, I was also looking for some information about
alternative to R(D)COM.

Best,

Jeremie

On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 4:26 PM, Philippe Grosjean
<phgrosj...@sciviews.org>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Also, if you go for socket connection, you could give a try to svSocket.
> Best,
>
> Philippe
> ..............................................<°}))><........
>  ) ) ) ) )
> ( ( ( ( (    Prof. Philippe Grosjean
>  ) ) ) ) )
> ( ( ( ( (    Numerical Ecology of Aquatic Systems
>  ) ) ) ) )   Mons University, Belgium
> ( ( ( ( (
>

> On 17/03/10 09:16, Dieter Menne wrote:
>

>> JSmaga wrote:
>>

>>> I was aware of the R(D)COM. In the last public version, there is now
>>> splash
>>> screen appearing which is kind of boring so I think I need to buy it or
>>> something.
>>>

>> I would pay for RDCOM, but it requires that you explain the details of you
>> application spread (which is mostly 1 in my case, since I only work "on
>> request"), and that's unacceptable to me. I think there is a way to get
>> around that using the Rcommander (?) version, but I found a better
>> solution:
>>
>> I have moved to using RServe with c# recently; it has nice support for all
>> types of structures, and works under Linux (at server side) or Windows.
>>
>> While RServe is Java, you can use IKVM to make it accessible to c#, and it
>> works out of the box. Getting this translation to work within an hour was
>> one of the biggest miracles in my 40-year programmer's life; kudos to the
>> IKVM (and to rserve, clearly).
>>
>> You can download my simple test application (no support, and it may not
>> even
>> work) for Visual Studio from http://www.menne-biomed.de/uni/rserve.zip.
>> You
>> can use it with a local, Windows rserve, or, more reliably, with a virtual
>> linux box running under VMWare. The latter works great as a development
>> environment, and I can create complex installations, for example with
>> NONMEM, and provide my colleagues the virtual machine as a no-brainer.
>>
>> Dieter

Jeremie Smaga