Dear All.

I have the following table that I want to analyze using multinom
function

  freq segments sample

4271     Seg1 tumour

4311     Seg2 tumour

3515     Seg1 normal

3561     Seg2 normal

I want to compare model with both factors to the one where only sample
is present.

model1=multinom(freq~segments+sample,data=table)

model2=multinom(freq~ sample,data=table)

anova(model2,model1)

Likelihood ratio tests of Multinomial Models

Response: freq

              Model Resid. df   Resid. Dev   Test    Df LR stat.
Pr(Chi)

1            sample         6 5.5452609828

2 segments + sample         3 0.0001600513 1 vs 2     3 5.545101
0.1359658

What I do not understand is where df of 6 and 3 come from? Shouldn't
they be 2 and 1?

Many thanks for your help in advance

Sincerely

Sergii

Sergii Ivakhno

PhD student

Computational Biology Group
Cancer Research UK Cambridge Research Institute
Li Ka Shing Centre
Robinson Way
Cambridge CB2 0RE
England

+44 (0)1223 404293 (O)
+44 (0)1223 404128 (F)

http://www.compbio.group.cam.ac.uk <http://www.compbio.group.cam.ac.uk/>
/

This communication is from Cancer Research UK. Our website is at
www.cancerresearchuk.org. We are a charity registered under number 1089464 and
a company limited by guarantee registered in England & Wales under number
4325234. Our registered address is 61 Lincoln's Inn Fields, London WC2A 3PX.
Our central telephone number is 020 7242 0200.

This communication and any attachments contain information which is
confidential and may also be privileged.   It is for the exclusive use of the
intended recipient(s).  If you are not the intended recipient(s) please note
that any form of disclosure, distribution, copying or use of this communication
or the information in it or in any attachments is strictly prohibited and may
be unlawful.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify
the sender and delete the email and destroy any copies of it.

E-mail communications cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free, as
information could be intercepted, corrupted, amended, lost, destroyed, arrive
late or incomplete, or contain viruses.  We do not accept liability for any
such matters or their consequences.  Anyone who communicates with us by e-mail
is taken to accept the risks in doing so.