Ravi Varadhan wrote:
Frank,

Is there an article that discusses this idea of bootstrapping the ranks of
the likelihood ratio chi-square Statistics to assess relative importance of predictors in time-to-event data (specifically Cox PH model)?
Thanks,
Ravi.

Do require(rms); ?anova.rms and see related articles:

@Article{hal09usi,
  author =               {Hall, Peter and Miller, Hugh},
title = {Using the bootstrap to quantify the authority of an empirical ranking},
  journal =      Annals of Stat,
  year =                 2009,
  volume =       37,
  number =       {6B},
  pages =        {3929-3959},
annote = {confidence interval for ranks;genomics;high dimension;independent component bootstrap;$m$-out-of-$n$ bootstrap;ordering;overlap interval;prediction interval;synchronous bootstrap;ordinary bootstrap may not provide accurate confidence intervals for ranks;may need a different bootstrap if the number of parameters being ranked increases with $n$ or is large;estimating $m$ is difficult;in their first example, where $m=0.355n$, the ordinary bootstrap provided a lower bound to the lengths of more accurate confidence intervals of ranks}
}

@Article{xie09con,
  author =               {Xie, Minge and Singh, Kesar and Zhang, {Cun-Hui}},
title = {Confidence intervals for population ranks in the presence of ties and near ties},
  journal =      JASA,
  year =                 2009,
  volume =       104,
  number =       486,
  pages =        {775-787},
annote = {bootstrap ranks;ranking;nonstandard bootstrap inference;rank inference;slow convergence rate;smooth ranks in the presence of near ties;rank inference for fixed effects risk adjustment models}
}