Another option is to use ascii package <http://eusebe.github.com/ascii/>.
Just choose your favorite markup language
(asciidoc<http://www.methods.co.nz/asciidoc/>,
txt2tags <http://txt2tags.sourceforge.net/>,
restructuredtext<http://docutils.sourceforge.net/rst.html>,
org-mode <http://orgmode.org/> or textile<http://textism.com/tools/textile/>).
They all have several output options (html, latex, xml...). ascii package
provides a new generic function to format R output to all these markup
languages, and corresponding Sweave drivers.

For example:
- http://www.ncfaculty.net/dogle/fishR/bookex/AIFFD/AIFFD.html (using
asciidoc)
- http://learnr.wordpress.com/ (using asciidoc)
-
http://mpastell.com/2010/03/25/create-odf-pdf-and-html-report-from-a-single-sweave-document/
(using
restructuredtext)

I am using ascii package with asciidoc, html output can be converted to .doc
or .odf with microsoft word or openoffice, but you can also obtain xml
output.

Best,

david