Hi,

I want to customise the segments on an xyplot. Below is a simple example
of what I'm trying to do...

#Example dataset

 x <- c(-0.25, 0.25, 0.8)

 y <- c(-0.5, 0, 0.75)

 gp <- c("A", "I", "C")

 my.data <- cbind.data.frame(x,y,gp)

#setting up the parameters to customise the lines with.

ltype <- c(1,2,3)

env.col <- c("red", "black", "blue")

env.lwd <- c(1.25, 0.75, 1.25)

# Lattice plot

xyplot(y ~ x,

             data= my.data,

             groups = gp,

             type = "l",

   panel= panel.superpose,

   panel.groups = function(x,y, subscripts=subscripts,
groups=groups,...){

      panel.segments(0, 0, x[groups], y[groups], lty = ltype[groups],
lwd=env.lwd[groups], col = env.col[groups])})

#The problem:
I don't seem to have this quite right, as the resulting plot seems to
ignore the lty, lwd, col that I set up.

I tried to do this by using trellis.par.set/get but simply got confused.

If I remove lty, lwd and col specifications I simply get all segments
with the same attributes. i.e. it seems to be ignoring the "groups"

#The answer I want:

Segment1 has co-ordinates (0,0, x2=-0.25, y2 = -0.5) and be solid, red
and of width 1.25

Segment2 has co-ordinates (0,0, x2=0.25, y2 = 0) and be dashed, black
and of width 0.75

Segment3 has co-ordinates (0,0, x2=0.8, y2 = 0.75) and be dotted, blue
and of width 1.25

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks and regards,

Ky Mathews