Ray Brownrigg wrote:
Thomas W Blackwell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I recall a message on the [r-pkgs] list from Ray Brownrigg
on November 1 this year that may be relevant.  At that time
he was announcing the availability of  maps_2.0-8.zip  and
some other packages.

Therefore,  2.0-10 must be *very* recent and might still be
going through the CRAN propagation process.  (I don't know
anything about whther it is or not.)  I would wait a couple
of days and try again, if I were you.

Well, actually, 2.0-10 in source form is on CRAN since last week, but for some reason only in the 1.7/ directory in the Windows area. I just this morning noticed this and sent a message to the Windows CRAN maintainer.

In the meantime, 2.0-11 has been uploaded, probably to appear in a few
days (no noticeable changes).

Ray Brownrigg

For some (unknown) reason, the automated upload of maps_2.0-10.zip failed (it's in the PACKAGES list, though). I'll upload it manually today, so it will appear on CRAN master tomorrow.

Uwe Ligges