Let me modify my question about user-defined covariance structures for LME models: Can somebody tell me how I can see the code for the definition of the correlation structures that come with the NLME package. Specifically I like to see the code for the functions coef, corMatrix, and intialize for any of the pre-defined correlation structures, and use this as a template to define a new correlation structure. So how do I see e.g. the code for the method initialize for the correlation structure corExp or corARMA?

I'm interested in this too. Go to CRAN and download the source code for the nlme package. ungzip and untar it. Got to the R subdirectory. Inside that is a file called corStruct.R with all the method definitions for the built-in corStruct classes. Reading those should help.

Cheers,

Simon.

thank you in advance!

Michael Jerosch-Herold

PS: Oh, and if somebody could still send me example code for a user defined correlation structure I would much appreciate it, as my previous requests for help have not yielded any response.

Simon Blomberg, B.Sc.(Hons.), Ph.D, M.App.Stat.
Visiting Fellow
School of Botany & Zoology
The Australian National University
Canberra ACT 0200
Australia

T: +61 2 6125 8057  email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
F: +61 2 6125 5573

CRICOS Provider # 00120C