On Thu, 14 Apr 2005, Miha Razinger wrote:

Hi,

I was trying like to print out data frame with POSIXct column
in html format using xtable package, but I got error message
when trying to print the table. Here is example:

 aaa<-data.frame(as.POSIXct(strptime('03 2005', '%d %Y')),0)
 aaa.tab<-xtable(aaa)
 print(aaa.tab)

 Error in Math.POSIXt(x + ifelse(x == 0, 1, 0)) :
         abs not defined for POSIXt objects

I was able to get around the problem with converting column
back to string but still I would like to know is it a bug or
I was doing something wrong.

It's not a bug in R.

It seems to be a docmentation error or infelicity in xtable: it clearly does not work with all data frames, and the restrictions are neither clear to me nor enforced. Please take it up with the xtable maintainer.

-- Brian D. Ripley, [EMAIL PROTECTED] Professor of Applied Statistics, http://www.stats.ox.ac.uk/~ripley/ University of Oxford, Tel: +44 1865 272861 (self) 1 South Parks Road, +44 1865 272866 (PA) Oxford OX1 3TG, UK Fax: +44 1865 272595