I have JUST started using R. I am using R 2.0.1 on a mac (os x) to run another program (called GRASPER, Generalized Regression Analysis and Spatial Prediction for R). When I try to run Grasper, I get an error for tcl/tk:

library(grasper)
This is mgcv 1.1-8
Error in dyn.load(x, as.logical(local), as.logical(now)) :
unable to load shared library "/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/library/tcltk/libs/tcltk.so":
dlcompat: dyld: /Applications/R.app/Contents/MacOS/R can't open library: /usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.6.dylib (No such file or directory, errno = 2)
Error: .onLoad failed in loadNamespace for 'tcltk'
Error: package 'tcltk' could not be loaded

However, tcl/tk appears to be there:

capabilities()
    jpeg      png    tcltk      X11    GNOME     libz http/ftp  sockets
    TRUE     TRUE     TRUE     TRUE    FALSE     TRUE     TRUE     TRUE
  libxml     fifo   cledit  IEEE754    bzip2     PCRE
    TRUE     TRUE     TRUE     TRUE     TRUE     TRUE

Does anyone know of a solution to this?

Thanks,
Jennifer Skene