John Janmaat wrote:

Hello,

I have a system of quadratic equations (results of a Hamiltonian optimization)
which I need to find the roots for. Is there a package and/or function which
will find the roots for a quadratic system?

Certainly you cxould use solve, see
?solve
Alternatively you could go for a computer algebra system with an implemantation
of groebner basis, and use an symbolic method.

Kjetil

Note that I am not opimizing, but
rather solving the first order conditions which come from a Hamiltonian.  I am
basically looking for something in R that will do the same thing as fsolve in
Matlab.

Thanks,

John.

Kjetil Halvorsen.

Peace is the most effective weapon of mass construction.
              --  Mahdi Elmandjra

-- No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.