I think you have been using R too long.  Something like
this is very much needed.  There are two problems:

1. the process itself is too complex (need to get rid of perl,
    integrate package development tools with package installation
   procedure [it should be as easy as downloading a package],
   remove necessity to set or modify any environment variables
    including the path variables).

2. there is too much material to absorb just to create a package.
    The manuals are insufficient.

A step-by-step simplification is very much needed.  Its no
coincidence that there are a number of such descriptions on
the net (google for 'making creating R package') since I would
guess that just about everyone has significant problems in creating
their first package on Windows.