Hi,

  Any software have a particularity it  will not be very interesting for us to
have many softwares that does the same Job. Why do you want R to have
comparable commands than Stata, SAS or SPSS. I thing the S language is very
powerful and permit many extended things that why ACM grant to S is famous
price to R and congratulate John Chambers effort.

   We should go a head, but not look behind and simplify any things because
science aims parcimony and not simplicity.

Ruben Roa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> a écrit :
> [...]
--------
I am not volunteering but i would like to point out that Paulo Ribeiro's
illustrative session
on package geoR and Ole Christensen's similar document for geoRglm are, IMO,
excellent examples on how to make things easier for beginners.
Ruben