Thanks Duncan and Greg.
My current solution is to use the rgl-package.
Is there an easy way to obtain a screenshot in eps- or pdf-Format from such
an rgl-window?
I saw the rgl.snapshot function but it does not provide this format.

So far, I take a snapshot, save it as jpeg and convert it to eps via
jpeg2ps.exe
Maybe not the most elegant way but the results are better than I
anticipated.

Thanks,
Roland