Hi,

On 2/21/07, Venkatesh Mantha <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> We are working on a project on forecast modeling and would like to know if
> there are any examples on how to READ/WRITE to a database (e.g.
> PostgreSQL)

did you have a look at the Manual "R Data Import/Export"? I have to admit
that I have not worked with PostgreSQL but with MS Access (and SQLite).
Databases such as PostgreSQL, Access, ... can be accessed via the package
RODBC.

Enjoy!
There might be a few difficulties in the beginning but then you don't want
to miss the connections to databases anymore!

Best,
Roland